Friday, June 25, 2010

Happy Birthday Makena



My daughter turns 10 today and we had such a great day!  We started out by going shopping with some of the money that family members had sent her.  Then I surprised her by taking her to get a new keyboard.  She has a kiddie keyboard but we thought she was ready for a real one.  She couldn't have been more excited!  For dinner she picked one of her favorite Italian restaurants and then we came home and went for a night time swim in the new pool.  She has had a fascination with peace signs and punch bugs lately so most of her gifts (earrings, necklace, shirt) had a peace sign on them.  For her card I happened to find this old die cut in a bin with some stickers that I never use.  It was perfect for her.  I used a few other die cuts... sizzix small cloud for clouds and leaves and sizzix bare tree.  The grass was done with a Martha Stewart punch.  She loved it!

No comments: