Thursday, July 1, 2010

Congratulations Devon




We just found out the other night that my nephew was named to the All-Star team for his USGLL golf league. He is headed to Long Beach California on an all-expense paid trip to the national USGLL golf tournament!  He is understandably very excited!  I wanted to make him a fun congrats card and I thought this would be the perfect time to try a style that I've been wanting to make for a while.  I'm not sure what this type of card is called but it was very easy to make.  The adorable golf nut guy and phrase are from Cornish Heritage Farms.  The You're a star! is SU and the congratulations phrase is a $1 stamp.  Now...as for the embossing...I went a little crazy!  I used 4 different Cuttlebug folders and the frame in the middle is a Spellbinders embossing die.  I love how all the different textures look.  The grass was made with a M.S. border punch and the stars are also punches.  The golf guy is colored with Copic markers and I picked yellow for his cap and shoes because that's my nephew's team color.

No comments: