Monday, February 7, 2011

Tickled Pink new Grandma Baby Girl card


One of the teachers that I work with at school is "expecting".  Well,  technically she's not the one who's expecting...her son and DIL are pregnant for the first time.  Sandy raised two boys who were as she says "all boy"  so she was overjoyed to find out last week that her son is going to have a GIRL!!  She said she shopped for PINK all weekend long.  ...and she HATES to shop!  She is simply GIDDY with excitement!  I wanted to make her a really girly card to congratulate her!

I recently purchased Tim Holtz's Tattered Florals die along with some fabric scraps "dirt cheap" at JoAnn's.  I couldn't wait to combine the two.  I've used some white embroidery fabric, white cotton, white crinoline, white paper and pink tulle for my flower.  I love how it turned out! 


The adorable circle sentiments are from Sentiments 4 You.  The cute little bear is by Ellephantastic. 


Here's the inside of my card.  The sentiment is a clear stamp.  (unknown)

Sandy paints and crafts herself.  Though she doesn't make cards, she knows what goes into them so I know she'll cherish this.

Card makings:
Sentiment circles: Sentiments 4 You
Bear: Ellephantastic
Cuttlebug: Embossing folders
EK Success: Heart border punch
Copic markers
Tim Holtz: Tattered floral die
Spellbinders: Circle and scalloped circle dies
Silk and grosgrain ribbon
Crystals and buttons



3 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow renee this is beautiful.
what a sweet card you have made.
beautiful soft colors and that bear is cute.

greetings karin

Unknown said...

Very cute card Renee! I love making baby cards...so much fun!

Jenn
www.jaxbeanstalks.blogspot.com

Scrumplescrunch said...

Renee this card is "pinkalicious"!!! There is no such word but never mind you have the gist of what I think of the card. Adore your Flower.
Smiles:)