Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Non-Traditional Easter Card




I'm calling it non-traditional because my 10 year old son said "no offense Mom but I'm not sure I like that card". When I asked why he said "because those aren't Easter colors and the duck doesn't look good with those colors". Huh! Well, when I made the second card (with the same colors because I liked them) I did paper piece the duck with the yellow background paper and guess what? I agree with Dominick. I like the yellow paper better than the yellow that I colored him. I may go back and paper piece the other guy when I get a chance. I think it's the black paper that he doesn't like. Oh well... you can't please everyone. He did say he liked it better after I changed the duck. The frame around the duck is from Martha Stewart and the duck and floral corner are by Inkadinkado. I covered over some chipboard flowers with the background paper and there are some acrylic dots for accent. The ribbon was from an after Easter sale last year.... either Michael's or JoAnn's.

No comments: