Saturday, May 29, 2010

Disco Fever

This is my entry in the Art Impressions May contest with the theme "I feel like dancin'!"  I love this couple!  The have so many possibilities!  I started with my background and used an EK Success border & matching corner punch.  I then cut the Spellbinders polka dot frame out and used green glitter glue to highlight the dots.  I placed a black piece that's embossed with a Cuttlebug folder behind  the frame.  I used another EK Success border punch to make the circle strips that I placed randomly on the background.  Next I used the Spellbinders Octogon die to make the disco ball which is hanging from the "ceiling" by a strip made with yet another EK Success border punch.  I embossed the disco ball with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder.  Lastly, and most importantly I stamped the "80's" couple and colored them in with Copic markers.  I finished them off with Stickles glitter glue to give them the "flash" that every disco couple needs.  Now I know disco was in the 70's so let's just say I used my creative license on this one!  Inside I used a Dream Impressions stamp that says "Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone!"  Happy Birthday.   Don'tcha love it?!!

No comments: