Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Christmas is weird. At least it is when you think of it like this!


These hysterical stamps are from I Brake For Stamps.  If you're interested you can find them here... Senior Santa and Christmas is weird.   I combined the stamps with a Sizzix Christmas tree that I embossed with Cuttlebug embossing strips.  The background was done with a Cornish Heritage Farms scrapblock.  After I embossed the tree I cut a brown stump for it and added some Stickles and a felt tree skirt.  Santa's hat and trousers have liquid applique on them so that it looks like real fur.  I also put him on dimensional tape so that he looks 3-D on the page.  His glasses have clear glaze on them.  The flower and leaf are from Prima and Santa was colored with Copic markers.  I've included pictures of the back of Santa and the how I embossed the tree so that you can see how it's done.  For the tree I was able to cut down on how many times I had to run it through the Cuttlebug machine because I placed both strips on it at the same time.   



1 comment:

Lolis said...

Cute! I like how you used the cuttleug borders on the christmas tree. I check out your blog. Very creative projects. Thanks for sharing. I'm following now.