Saturday, September 21, 2024

Elaborate Thank You card


This card was a labor of love and a tremendous undertaking. I wanted it to be really special though. At the end of August, we went to Florida to visit family members. I wanted to make sure I thanked them properly for their hospitality. They chauffeured us all around through terrible traffic, visited places they've been a million times and treated us to wonderful meals. My card represents all of the things we saw and did together with little hidden inside messages. The little ants and fruit represent some of Salvador Dali's paintings because we visited his museum. The aquatic life is from the Florida Aquarium. The birds and foliage are from the Sunken Gardens. The turtle is because my husband and brother-in-law rescued two while we were there. The signpost shows most of the places we visited and the Bigfoot? Well, that's just because my BIL likes him and my husband watched a Bigfoot movie on the plane ride.


The front panel has around 5 layers to it. There is a sheet of acetate and some of the fish and creatures are behind the sheet and some are popped up on top of it. I just love how dimensional it is.



Here you can kind of see just how many layers deep it is.


I didn't keep track of how many different companies products I used but it was a LOT!! I used things that I probably haven't used in 15 years.


I just freehanded Bigfoot to be a big hairy mess...lol! The little turtle is a retired freebie from Art Impressions.



It's fun to repurpose your stamps too. This parrot is really a the Freebie Cockatiel from Art Impressions. I didn't ink his little crown to make him look like the Macaws that we saw. The flamingos are from Kim Hein's (Art Impressions) exclusive Flamingo set. 5751 Let's Fla-Mingle Set.


I forgot to take a photo before writing my personal message so I blocked that out.





No comments: