Sunday, May 11, 2008

Flowery Happy Birthday


I just love the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder. Last night I had the idea to do a frame around a phrase and rather than just leave it plain I decided to run it through the Cuttlebug and add some dots to it. I tied sheer ribbon around the frame and added some silk flowers and crystals for the centers. The paper in the corners came with the metallic dots already on it. (lucky for me) I liked the way the background paper had an aged, distressed look to it. I thought it coordinated well with the flowers. I inked the edges of the frame and matte with my Rubber Stampede Coffee Bean pad. It is tattered and almost inkless. It's probably my all time most loved ink pad and I don't think I've ever stamped a single image with it. I have always used it to distress and edge papers, thus the tattered pad. I just recently went out and bought a duplicate for when this one does run out. I was worried that if I waited I wouldn't be able to find it again.

No comments: