Sunday, May 18, 2008

Stamping on patterned paper


I don't do this nearly enough... stamping on patterned paper. I don't know why I don't do it more often. I really think that I just don't think to do it. I think it's a very elegant look to stamp in one color and just leave it. Sometimes that look can be enhanced by stamping on patterned paper. Not every image needs to be colored. This is a beautiful vase with roses by PSX. (my all time favorite for those of you who don't know). I have colored this image in the past and liked the results but I think it looks even better like this. The PSX images are so beautiful and detailed on their own that you don't really need to do much other than stamp them. I also love orange. I know a lot of people might stick up their nose at the thought of orange but it goes way beyond traffic cones. I used Colorbox Tangerine and Chestnut Roan Fluid Chalk Inks for the flowers and Versafine Vintage Sepia for the main image and the phrase and hinges. The Hinges are from Cornish Heritage Farms. The corner is by I have NO IDEA!! Remember I said I have to stop hoarding supplies? Well these have been around for years. It feels good to put them to use! I actually made two of these cards. One is the Anniversary card you see here and the other was a sympathy card. I thought it was so pretty that it would work for that occasion as well. I just chose to post the happier version...


Today I spent the day doing two things... getting Makena's dance photographs... 5 in all. It took about 2 hours and in about 2 months when I FINALLY get them in the mail I'll post some of them! The rest of the day was spent working on the kids science projects. The science fair is on Wednesday and I'll try to remember to take a picture of the kids with their respective projects and show you. They both worked really hard and are proud of what they did.

No comments: