Monday, February 23, 2009

Thanks again Nick




A few days ago I posted the thank you card that I made for a student at school. That one was for Christmas and this one is for the Valentine gift he and his mom gave me. I really like how it turned out. I used a set from Inkadinkado that is great for boys. (girls too but it's tougher for me to come up with new ideas for boys). I love the contrast of the light green and black. I wish the photo came out better. The photo corner is shimmery black sparkle paper and the 3 black circles are very shiny metallic black. I used stickles to add some sparkle to the guitar and a Cuttlebug die to make the silver bar across the bottom. This is the only Cuttlebug item that I have a complaint about. All of my dies cut great except this one. I also have to take my exacto knife and cut out the little squares and triangles when I'm done. They have never cut right. I have tried altering the sandwich layers, adding shims etc. but nothing has ever worked. I still love the die though so I do the extra work involved to be able to still use it. I thought it looked cool on this card. It reminds me off those metal tower things on the sides of stages at rock concerts. Inside I used more of the same stamps and a Stampin' Up Thanks phrase. The cute peace symbol and hand are from the Cuttlebug Alphabet set Hippie Chick. I think it's perfect for a 10 year old boy.

No comments: