Saturday, November 7, 2009

Cookie box











We were eating big salads the other night and when I went to wash out the containers from the spinach I thought... I hate to throw these out. I don't think that they recycle. What can I do with them. Voila! I decorate them and bake some Christmas cookies in them! First I measured the inset and cut my paper to that size. I used my Stampin' Up corner rounder to round the edges. I glued that on and then cut strips to fit on the sides. I absolutely love poinsettias so I took 3 different shades of red paper and started cutting flower petals with my Sizzix flower petals & center die. I then stamped many of the petals with Colorbox Fluid Chalk Warm Red in different patterns. After I cut the leaves I pieced it all together and added some seed beads and such to the center. I used some regular curling ribbon for the swirls and then started on the tag. The tag is also a Sizzix die. After I cut it I stamped my phrase and used 2 oval punches to punch it out. The snowflake was done with a Spellbinder's die. Some more ribbon, a crystal and 3 acrylic dots finished it off. I think it will be such a neat way to give someone cookies this year. The best part is the tag is removable so they can re-gift it if they want!

No comments: