Monday, March 15, 2010

Golf Nut

When I saw the new sets over at Cornish Heritage Farms I just had to have them both. They both have assorted nuts playing soccer and golf.  My family and my husband's family are all into golf and soccer big time.  These stamps will get a lot of use!!  I haven't tried the Soccer Nutz yet but I did dive right into the Golf Nutz.  My Father-in-Law's birthday is at the end of March and he loves to golf.  I chose the acron because I had in mind doing an acorn shaped card.  I wound up just free-handing an acorn and attaching it to the front of the card.  I stamped him with my versafine onyx black ink, heat set it and then colored him with my Copic markers.  The circles and ovals were cut with Spellbinders dies and the golf ball was embossed with a Cuttlebug folder.  The acorn beside him and all of the oak leaves were cut with punches.  I bent the larger leaves and then inked them to make it look like they have viens.  The inks I used were all Colorbox fluid chalk inks.  I finished it off by tying some masculline looking twine around it to secure the plastic golf bag.  Hey, if I can't use glitter or ribbon on a card I'm going to find some way to get something similar to them onto one. Twine is masculine right?

No comments: