Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Happy Anniversary with pretty flower

I'm hooked on making my own flowers right now.  There are endless possibilities for color and texture choices.  I just love it.  I love using up my scraps of paper.  I hate to waste anything and this is such a wonderful use for those little left over pieces.  The flower on this card was done with 3 different sized Retro Flower punches.  I used the super giant one, the large and the medium one.  I think I used about 8 different patterns of paper for this one.  The center was created from jewelry and bead findings from A.C. Moore.  The background shapes were cut using 2 different Spellbinders Label dies. The side tab is a punch.  The little beads on the tab are also jewelry findings.  The curly metal piece on the flower was done by taking some wire and wrapping it around my paper piercer to make a "spring".  As for the leaves the more rounded ones are also from a Spellbinders set and the more pointed ones are cut from a BossKuts die.  The border punch is Martha Stewart's Iron Gate edger punch and I finished it off with a little vintage lace and some ribbon. 

No comments: