Friday, July 9, 2010

Chocolate gift set for teacher or friend





I made this set for my next door neighbor who is a teacher.  She loves chocolate but has found out that she is pre-diabetic.  She can still have sugar but she has to be careful so I did a little half & half.  I got her the mocha frappuccinos but I gave her sugar free candy to go along with them.  Let me tell you...I couldn't tell the difference.  I would definitely buy these for myself.  I just wish there were more choices.  You've seen me decorate these bottles before.  This time I didn't do anything fancy by any means but I thought with the other 2 items it looked nice.  The candy was placed in a Chinese food container.  I always save those places round/rectangle containers because they come in handy for so many things.  All I did was measure the top, round off the corners and decorate it.  The flower was made with my retro flower punches in 3 different sizes.  For the card I used a flourish from Sizzix and embossed one of those and a strip to go on the side with a Cuttlebug folder.  For the matte behind the frame I used a MS border and corner punch.  I used a thinner piece of paper and didn't punch the border on the 2 sides. (it only went across the top) That way I could put the ribbon across it and it fit nicely.  I used some silk flowers and a silk leaf that I altered.  I didn't like how the dark green leaf looked with the other muted colors so I took some of my Tim Holtz distress crackle paint and painted the leaf in a color that I liked.  It worked great.  I added a gold wire swirl and it was complete. 



No comments: