Thursday, July 29, 2010

LOVE

Today I have another card made with digi stamps from Sugar Creek Hollow.  (found here.)
My husband's cousin is getting married in September and her colors are apricot and brown.  When I saw these flowers I thought they'd be so pretty colored in those shades.  I started by printing a frame (which has a phrase but for this card I covered over it) and then I cut a circle for it's center with a Spellbinder's die that I embossed with Cuttlebug's Swiss Dots folders.  I then printed 3 copies of the vintage cherry blossom branch.  After I colored them with Copic markers I trimmed 2 of them out completely.  For the 3rd one I only cut out the flowers.  I took the flowers and layered them onto the other two branches.  I took some of the apricot cardstock and used a Cuttlebug embossing folder on it.  I trimmed out only what I wanted... the LOVE phrase and the hearts and added them to the card.  A little Stickles in the center of a few of the flowers and on the embossed parts of the hearts added the sparkle that I love so much.  Since it's a wedding card I thought the white pearl heart pin and organdy ribbon would be nice.  I actually tore the brown satin ribbon off of the invitation before I recycled it and reused it for the card along with some vintage lace that I had.  (recycle, REUSE, reduce!!)  Sorry, I'll get down off my soapbox now.  Inside I used an EK Success border punch and stamped Happy Wedding Day between two embossed flourishes.  (also by Cuttlebug)  I hope Krissy likes it!

No comments: