Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Birthday wishes


Here's hopin' you rope in all your birthday wishes!  This is one of my cute new sentiments from Art Impressions.    I thought it would be cute with my "oldie but goodie"  horse from PSX.  They've been out of business for a while but I still love the detail in their stamps.  I kept this one very simple choosing not to color the image.  I didn't even do mattes behind anything which I ALWAYS do.  I just sponged some ink around the edges to give them some dimension.   Here's something pretty cool...are there any Duff Goldman fan's out there? (Ace of Cakes)  My kids and I really love to watch his show.  All of his team are so darn talented!  Well,  I DON'T bake at all but when I saw his line of fondant embossing molds I knew they would probably look great on paper as well.  So, that's what I used to emboss the piece below the horse.  It's a basket weave and it looked "western" to me so I went for it.  Isn't it cool?  I'll bet he never thought people would be using his cake tools to make cards!



Just FYI if any of you are considering going out and getting some of these texture tiles here's how I did it...
Sandwich recipe:  A plate, B plate, texture plate, paper, rubber embossing mat, B plate.  I did spritz my paper with water first to get a better impression.  I did this because I didn't dare shim the mold and risk cracking it since it's not as sturdy a plastic as real paper embossing plates are.  I used them 3 or 4 times and so far so good. 



Card makings...
Stamps: Art Impressions, PSX
metal star and button
Sizzix embossing corner die
rope ribbon
self adhesive leather ribbon
Charm City Cakes Texture Tiles (basketweave)
Spellbinders label dies

No comments: