Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Blog Award

I'm so honored to tell you that my sweet friend Patti Painter  has presented me with an award.


This blog award has a few requirements:
1. to pass it along to 8 deserving people
2. to tell 7 things about yourself

After much difficult deliberations these are the 8 people who I have
decided to pass this award along too.  Some of these I have recently discovered
and others I have followed for a while.  Please take a moment and check out these
ladies wonderful blogs.

In no particular order...

Here are 7 things about me...
1. I spend a huge amount of time carpooling my kids to soccer, dance
softball, school clubs etc.
 
2.  I love old Cary Grant & Katherine & Audrey Hepburn movies
 
3. My favorite author is Mary Higgins-Clark 
 
4. My craft room is an utter disaster!  I see all of the beautiful pictures people
post of their rooms and I just don't understand how they keep them looking
like that???
 
5. Almost every night I read to my 2 kids before bed.  Dominick is 12 and we're currently reading
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.
Makena is almost 11 and we're reading Stolen Children by Peg Kehret.

6. I love to cook and try new recipes.  One day I hope to have my kitchen redone and 
let that inspire me even more!

7. Our house is set in the woods and I love my "daily dose" of nature.  We see deer and birds by the dozens
on a daily basis.  Almost weekly we'll see turkeys, groundhogs and  rabbits.  A couple of times a year
we are even visited by a bear.  I'm still trying to capture a bear on film though.  It's always dusk when
they arrive and my photos never turn out.  


American Goldfinch

  Paint turtle

Garter Snake

 Hairy Woodpecker

 Eeek!!  We're surrounded.  (our record is 11 at one time) 


  Hummingbird Moth

 Thank you Patti!

5 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

well thank you renee for this wonderful blog award.
now to look for 8 people.

greetings karin

dawnmercedes said...

I'm so honored for the award! Last year, I thought I should start photographing all the wild life in my neck of the woods, so to speak. I never started..but maybe I should!

Debbles Dabbles said...

Thank you Renee for my blog award, it was a lovely surprise this morning. I will forward it on for sure as soon as I get a bit more time this week. Keep a look out! Thanks again.

marilynprestonn said...

Renée, I am so sorry I took so long to respond to your kind blog award. I have just signed on the Crafty Creations Challenge Design team and that was keeping me on my toes. I did come and want to say thank you...but now I am free to do it.

So will be posting your award tomorrow, for I am out visiting a friend today. Yeah...I'm always on the go...oh and did I mention becoming a new grammy!!!

Hugs, Peggy and thank you again!

Artesania said...

Thank you so much for this nice award,now iam looking for eight nice blogs.It was a surprise for me to get one from you and i feel honored,
at this time i am under pressure because Easter is comming and a lot of things to do.
T hank you so much for your lovly pic the animals are cute in my second home in Frankenberg we have Racoon,a lot of lovly birds,but no turtle or snake in the garden only
squirrels or hedgehogs.Deer and wildboars are in the near forrest,lol.Sometime we have an animal like a mink called Steinmarder ,he is dangerous for the car,they damaged the electric .
the racoon escaped from a Racoonfarm and feel well in our woodlands.they eat our fruits like cherrys.
i wish you a sunny weekend!
hugs Gudrun