Thursday, April 7, 2011

Happy Birthday Taylor

My friends niece recently turned 13 and I was asked to make her birthday card.  I wanted something fun and bright because she's that kind of kid (oops!  not any more!) young lady.  I let me DP set the tone here.


I've been having so much fun lately making my own flowers.  This one is a hybrid.  Part store bought, part handmade.  I've used some Primas mixed in with some tulle and secured it with a cute, over-sized brad.


The medallion stamp is a clear $1 stamp and the ticket stamp is from a clear set (Inkadinkado?).
The Happy Birthday is from Cornish Heritage Farms.  I cut the 13 from some old Sizzix dies and then added some extra fine glitter.  I hope she likes it!

I've entered my card in the following challenges...
Fairy Tale Challenge: Happy Birthday

4 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

just a beautiful card renee.

greetings karin

Unknown said...

WOW Renee this is adorable! What young girl could resist!!

Jenn

Bianca said...

One more pritty card from you! It´s perfect for a teen birthday! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

Anonymous said...

Hello a very beautiful card and a great design.

Thanks for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge.
**Karla