Saturday, February 23, 2013

Vintage flowers and funny hat ladies!

Hello and welcome. 
This is a sad post for me because after almost 3 years and 140 posts for Sugar Creek Hollow I am stepping down from the design team.  This was an especially difficult decision for me because Cec has been so wonderful to work for and in my opinion the team has never been stronger.  I love all of the work those talented women create each week.  I simply don't have the time to give them my all right now due to family commitments.  I have one final tutorial for you and I hope you enjoy it.

I love all those vintage looking flowers that are so popular right now.  In the store they are VERY expensive and not nearly as pretty as what you can create yourself.  I made these flowers using scraps I got out of JoAnn's scrap bin for very little money.

The first step is to cut circles out.  You can use a die but I just free handed it.  I cut 6 of the larger circles and 5 of the smaller. I also cut a piece of felt for my base.


Step 2 is to fold the circles into quarters and hot glue them to the base circle.


When you have the first layer done you can start on the inner layer.


I finished off the center by scrunching a piece of crocheted lace and adding a brad.



Here is my finished card using the flower.


Since the challenge this week is VINTAGE HATS, SHOES and/or PURSES I used this funny old gal with quite the hat!

Here's another version done with a metal piece and some crystals.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is wonderful...love your colors and that flower just gorgeous...
hugs
lizzi

Anonymous said...

The card is beautiful Renee. That flower is gorgeous, thanks for the tutorial.
Amelia

Heather said...

Beautiful Flowers and Love the coloring of your image! She is a hoot! Thanks for the tutorial.
Hugs
Heather