Thursday, May 16, 2013

"Show Your Bow" Handmade, Dyed or Uniquely Tied Art Impressions challenge

Hi everyone! Renee here and today I'm sharing a card made with the wonderful Up and Away image. This is a LIMITED EDITION and is only available until May20th.  That means you have just a few more days to get your hands on it!  All proceeds go to the Obediah Fund, which will support Open Arms Internationals Kambi Teso outreach in Eldoret, Kenya.  Your purchase will help build a school.

Since this week's challenge is all about bows I made a fancy bow for my card.  I've included a basic tutorial if you want to give it a try.  (see below)

Now that the Girlfriends have taken to the air...nothing can stop them.



The darker blue gingham ribbon is 12" long and the lighter colored one is 17" long.
Keep in mind that all of these measurements can be altered depending on how big you want your bow.


The organdy ribbon is 12" as is the solid blue.


After laying out the ribbons you want in your bow just tie the main ribbon around the rest.


On the inside of my card I used two Ai phrases...
and

I stamped the balloon image several times so I could add dimensional layers.


Here's a close up of my bow.





No comments: