Thursday, September 22, 2016

Cards to Die For challenge from Art Impressions!

Hello Ai fans!

Today is an exciting day at Art Impressions!
They're releasing several new dies and stamps.

There's also a new challenge starting over on the blog.


One of the projects I created uses the new Cat and Owl Placecard Set 4805.

My little owl may look familiar to some of you...It's Hedwig, (or my version of...) Harry Potter's owl.  My friend is reading the entire book series for the first time and she wants to have a HP themed party to celebrate when she's finished.


I told her I would help her make up some of these cute little guys with different spells from Harry Potter on the name card.


And...since Halloween will be here before you know it I also made a little cat for that occasion. 



Normally his tail doesn't show from the front but in this case I wanted it to.  I took and trimmed a piece of paper to the same size as the tail base and glued it on.  I think it looks cute peeking around the front.



My last project was a card using the wonderful new Snowflake Dies 4804.
These worked phenomenally!  Such a clean cut and I used thick cardstock!  So much easier than owning all those different punches and so easy to store!  No big, bulky punches.


I really wanted to showcase the snowflakes so I put them on acetate to make it look like they were really falling. 


On the inside I used
G4169 – Warm your Heart
and
4511 – Snowman Note-able


If you look hard you can see that I added some Wink of Stella on the flakes before adding some flat pack rhinestones to some of them.


See how they just float on the acetate.  (Which by the way was packaging from one of my new Ai sets)  I always save all acetate from packaging for future uses.



       

Copics used:

Owl: C00, C3, C5
Cat: E30 E31, E40
Card: R46, R59, YG17, YG67
              

1 comment:

Cheri Burry said...

All your projects today are awesome Renee! Especially love the Harry Potter themed owl!