Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Harry Potter Happy First Birthday!

Hello and happy Wednesday!!

Today I'm sharing a card that I'm over the moon about!
I don't usually brag over a card.  Actually I'm not even bragging.  I look at it and see a LOT of flaws...and yet I still love it!

I love Harry Potter.
I was so excited when I had a request for a 1st birthday card for a family that loves the Potter series as well.


I wasn't sure what I wanted to do when I received the request.  I thought on it for  a while and decided I wanted to make my own Harry. (I don't have a H.P. stamp)  This actually got me very excited because I haven't used my Sizzix Dress Up Dolls in YEARS!  I really need to get them out more.  They may be "old" but they're still adorable!  I drew his face on and colored all his clothes to match the Gryffindor uniform.


The torch and flame were improvised from other dies.  The torch bottom is the bottom of a Sizzix lantern and the flame is from the campfire in the same set.
The broom is also the flame that I cut up and turned upside down to look like the bristles.

I also made the card for this child's baby shower last year.
You can find the info HERE.





No comments: