Sunday, July 29, 2018

Floral Birdhouse Wedding card

Hello Ai fans!

Today I'm sharing a very special wedding card.
One of our good friends oldest son is getting married in September.
I know, I'm a little early but when inspiration strikes...you make the card.

I've used two different Art Impressions sets on my card.


I decided to make a step card but with a little twist.  Each step is a little smaller than the one before it.


You'll notice some gold paper on my card. My kids graduated high school in June '17 and June '18.  I had used various spray paints to make some decorations.


I decided to give something a try.  I took some plain white paper and sprayed it first with the gold spray paint and then with the Gold Glitter Blast.  I LOVED how it turned out!  Bonus...it's so cheap to make.  No more paying $2.00 for a sheet of metallic paper!


I took a hat pin and added some beads to it.


It's tough to see all of the layers of the card in the photos so I laid the card out flat so you could see it all.


I think this is the most extensive card I've ever made.  I actually made two of them and together they took me about 12 hours to complete.


Here's the "envelope" that I made for it.  Due to the bulk of the card I decided to do a gift "bag" envelope.  The card is 1 1/2" thick when closed.





E31, E33, E35, G20, Y11, YG03, YG63, W5,
R32, R83, R85, RV52, V0000, V06, V12


No comments: