Friday, June 27, 2008

Board Book Project

I tried something new... for me anyways. I bought some kids board books at the Target $1 spot and decided to branch out a little from what I'm used to doing. I thought it came out pretty nice for a first effort. I used a PSX garden stamp paired with a phrase from Rubbernecker stamps. The garden stamp was first stamped onto the pink paper since I felt some parts of it were too tiny to cut. After that I stamped it on white cardstock and cut out the larger pieces and glued them onto the original image. Basically everything is cut and pieced except for the vines, the ladybug and the seeds. Yes, this took a VERY long time to do. I used stickles on some of the flowers, leaves and insects. There is a silk flower and velvet ribbon with a metal charm also. I used my Crop-a-dile to punch the holes. I went through both layers of chipboard at the same time so the holes would be lined up and even though it took a little extra pressure it did cut through both layers. Yeah crop-a-dile! I then laced a satin ribbon up it to hook the two pieces together. I softened the edges by running a brown ink pad over the sides of the paper. I colored the image using my water color pencils.

No comments: