Sunday, August 3, 2008

Cute as a pumpkin!


Well I finally found some time to make something new. After I showed the house yesterday I got out some of my Halloween stuff. Yes, I'm already thinking Halloween. It's my favorite type of card to make. This card uses all sorts of different things on it. First of all is the pumpkin stamp from Azadi Earles. I stamped it twice. The first layer was colored normally with water color pencils. Then I colored the second one but cut it all up. The darker stripes have the edges curled up and are then glued to the original image. The topper is on dimensionals so it looks like it's really open. I also highlighted with a white gel pen. After cutting out the entire pumpkin I layered it on a square that I embossed with my cuttlebug. The large background is also done with a cuttlebug folder and then I dragged a brown ink pad to make the dots stand out even more. I used a cuttlebug die to make the vines and flowers. I didn't just use the parts that you're intended to use. What would normally be your scraps I used in the upper left corner and in the 2 corners near the cute as a pumpkin stamp. (stamp is from Michael's $1 bin) The flowers are highlighted with yellow glitter glue. The lace scallop is a new border punch from fiskars. The phrase was cut out with a McGill window punch. I used twill ribbon and brads in the upper right hand corner. I have to show the house again today but hopefully after they are gone I will have time to make another card!

No comments: