Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sympathy and Friendship







Here's yet another sympathy card. I think I'm done with those for a while. I have a ton of birthdays coming up in March so I better get busy on those. For this card I chose one of my least favorite colors... Peach. I love the way it looks. I think every color is perfect for something whether I normally like that color or not. I think it went well with the craft and off white colors of the rest of the card. The border was done with the Fiskars Threading Water punch. The flowers are random leather, plastic and paper flowers that I've had for years and the round metal piece is a paperclip that I put some pearls and crystal beads on. I also put some beads on a little safety pin and strung it through the bow. The butterfly took a little doing... I picked up a solid butterfly stamp at Target's dollar spot yesterday. First I stamped it on the BACK of my paper and trimmed it out so now I had a solid butterfly matching my peach patterned background paper. I then took an Anna Griffin background stamp and stamped the brown design over it. I liked that I could customize it to be exactly what I wanted this way. Inside I made another butterfly and cut a piece out from one of the Cuttlebug embossing folders.

No comments: