Sunday, April 5, 2009

Retirement Roses







The Special Education teacher that I have worked for since March of 2008 is retiring at the end of this school year. She is such a wonderful, caring teacher and I've learned a lot from watching her. I know that all of the aides will be doing something for her as a group but I wanted to make a special card for her that's just from me. One of my favorite stamps is my Rose stamp from Stampin' Up. I cut a circle around just part of it with my nestabilities die and then stamped it many more times to make layers. It's water colored with some liquid chalk reinkers and then highlighted with some gel pens and stickles. I used several different vintage looking ribbons and some pearls and crystals to complete the look. One aide made a joke that Phyllis shouldn't act surprised when we show up at her house next September with a busload of kids and put her right back to work. She will definitely be missed.

No comments: