Saturday, February 6, 2010

Vintage Get Well Soon

Tis the season for Get Well cards!  I've made a lot of "fun" type get wells lately and I know that's not everyones taste so I went an entirely different route this time.  I took the Cornish Heritage Farms Newspaper Ads scrapblock and cut out the two medicine ads.  I then stamped a get well phrase by PSX and trimmed them all to be the same width and mounted them on black paper. They are all distressed with Antique Linen and Scattered Straw distress ink.  The background Vitnage Text scrapblock is also distressed with the same inks.  I used a Martha Stewart edger and some vintage lace trim along with some gold bead trim for the edge.  There are 3 metal flowers with maroon beads in them at the bottom.  An old looking picture hanger is held on by a brad and I capped it off with a pretty little bow.  I hope this cheers someone up!

No comments: