Friday, August 27, 2010

Midnight Madness SC68


Time for another Midnight Madness sketch challenge from over at Priscillastyles.  I'm trying to do some before school starts and I don't have time anymore.  (I'm a program aide working with classified children in 4th grade) I again chose images from Sugar Creek Hollow.  The hot fudge sundae worked out perfect for the sketch since there were 3 words (hot, fudge, sundae) and the sketch needed three "tabs" on the side.  The sketch also needed something in the upper corner which was perfect for the 20 cents circle.  I made this card for my nieces birthday.  She's turning 9 and loves her sweets of course!  Inside says happy birthday. 


Card Makings:
paper: Making Memories Eliza stack
Copic markers

6 comments:

Connie M. said...

mmmmmmm!! This card is just so yummy Renee'! From the sweet image to the fun papers!! Love how you used the side tabs as the sentiment panel too!! Thanks so much for playing this week in the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge! Hugs!

Connie M.
MMDT-GD

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Hi Renee!
This is delicious! Love the vintage sundae image and the 20C coin! Great card and great take on the sketch!

Thanks for joining Midnight Madess Challenge. Your support is highly valued, and we hope to see you playing with us again real soon ;o)

Hugs
Gunn
MMSCDT

Carol Hurlock said...

Renee' this is just awesome. Yes, hot fudge sundaes, I ate quite a few of them this summer because that temperature has been over 90 degrees every day for 50 days!!! Hmmmm, no wonder I am dieting right now...LOL You car is simply adorable. I can't remember a Hot Fudge Sundae ever being 20 cents, but that sure would be nice. I make my own, but I bet they are like $5 now!! lol What great papers and colors to give this that incredible nostalgic look. Great job with the sketch. Thank you for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Joseline said...

Very cute! Now were can I find a hot fudge sundae at 1:37am. ;-)

Karen Hanim said...

What a cute take on the sketch. I love how you put Hot Fudge Sundae on the tabs. How cute to add the 20 cents.!

Tracy Vinson said...

Renee I love this image and you have certainly done it justice. I love the simple, vintage look you have shown here. Well done, my new friend. Your embellies are the perfect touch for this card and I always enjoy seeing what you have created! Blessings, Tracy, MMDT