Monday, September 13, 2010

Along came a spider!

Happy Halloween!  Okay, not yet but I could make Halloween cards all year long.  Could these images be any cuter?  The spider web and swirley spider can be found over at Sugar Creek Hollow.  They're digital images which make them SO versatile!  For this card I lightened the web to a medium gray color and after I printed it I added Crystal Stickles to make it shimmer like a real web.  Next, I changed the spider to an orange shade and trimmed him.  He's on dimensional tape so that it looks like he's really crawling on the web.  That's the great thing about the digis.  Next time maybe I'll feel like printing the spider in black and making him huge!  You can do just about anything with them!!  The numbers were cut with Cuttlebug's Hippy Chic dies and the skull and crossbones were made with a punch.  The web border was also made with a punch.  SCH has some great new fall/Halloween images and sentiments!   I want to make a card with each and every one of them! 


On a side note...I attended a craft show yesterday and did pretty well!  Several of my Sugar Creek Hollow cards were a big hit!!


Card makings:
Numbers: Cuttlebug Hippy Chic Alphabet
Skull & Crossbones: Martha Stewart punch
Stickles

3 comments:

Tracy Vinson said...

Hey girl...such a cute card for Halloween. I had been waiting to see this posted. Love the sparkles you have added to the spider web.

Sharon Basel said...

You are so creative Renee - I love this card.

Christy said...

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and this card is stunning Renee.
Smiles!
Christy