The rules are that you have to share 8 things about yourself. Okay, here goes...
1.First off, you may wonder what on earth "Renlymat" means. It's pretty simple. It's a combination of my full name...Reneé Lyn Matarese
2. When I was 17 I once sold a colored pencil poster drawing to a proffessional hockey player. We have a minor league team in our town & I had made a poster for my friend. She took it to him to get it autographed and he asked for one to send to his parents in Canada. He went on to play for the Mighty Ducks but I have no idea where he is now. (Terry Yake for all you hockey fans out there)
3. I love to hike. We have miles of hiking trails behind our house and live within 1 1/2 hours from several gorgeous state parks with miles of waterfalls and trails. It's a favorite thing for our family to do together.
4. I love to cook. One of my favorite things to do is to record cooking shows and try out new recipes.
5. My "real" job is a program aide in the 4th grade. I have 15 kids that I focus on. I run study groups and help them keep up during class. It's very rewarding but if I could figure out a way to make a living at it crafting would be my real job.
6. The place I would love to visit most is Italy.
7. I was a volleyball champ in high school. In the 4 years that I played we were "STAC" champs 3 out of the 4 years and as a senior I made the all-star team.
8. I started making cards when my grandfather died. My mom and her cousin were looking for ways to keep my grandma busy. One afternoon her cousin brought some stamps, ink and paper to show my grandma how to make her own cards. (she was 84!) I just happened to stop by to say hi to my grandma and sat in on the lesson. At the time I didn't realize it but I was hooked. Thanks SUE!! My grandma is now almost 90 and I still get handmade birthday cards from her!
Now...the other rule is to pass this award along to 8 people.
These are all such talented ladies. You should take the time to check out their blogs!
There are a few of my favorites that I haven't listed here because I see that they recently received this award from someone else...so if you're looking and you're not on my list it's not that I'm not inspired by you!
The rules for receiving this award are:
Thank and link back to the person who sent this to you.
Share 8 things about yourself
Pass this award on to 8 bloggers
Contact those bloggers and tell them you sent them this award.
Thank you for stopping by!