Saturday, April 2, 2011

Sensational Saturdays with Sugar Creek Hollow Little Sweet Pea Sketch Challenge

Hello everyone and welcome to another Sensational Saturday with Sugar Creek Hollow.  This week we have a sketch challenge for you!  (and a fun one at that!)  I couldn't wait to make something with this sketch.  For my card I have used a Christmas stamp but have made it fit my baby card. 
I chose the Let There Be Peas stamp set (Let there be peas on earth and let it begin with me).  I first made a copy of the image with the sentiment and then opened up in paint and erased the words.  Now I had an image
perfect for a baby card.  It helps that green is my favorite color. (wink) 


I printed the Little Sweet Pea sentiment on my computer.  The great thing about this stamp and sentiment
is it could easily be made into Little Sweet Peas if someone was pregnant with multiples. I first printed the image on the green dotted paper and then again on white cardstock.  That way I could cut out the main image and pop it up for a little drama.  Don't you love all of the whispy vines?!


Tracy has created such an adorable image here that I couldn't just lock it into Christmas.  That's one of the advantages of digital images.  You can alter them a bit to make them suit your needs whether it be size, color or deleting something you don't need at the moment.  Just REMEMBER to always work with a copy.  Don't alter your originals! 

To enter our challenge please click HERE!  I can't wait to see what you create!  Here's the fabulous sketch for you to try.


Don't forget to check out the Sugar Creek Hollow weekly challenge blog to see what
the other designers have created for your inspiration! 
 

Card makings:
Peas image: Sugar Creek Hollow
Copic markers
Spellbinders: Grand Labels, Standard Oval, Lacy Square, Lacy Oval
Acrylic dots
Corner rounder
Gingham ribbon

8 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

hi renee fun image and a great card.


greetings karin

Heide said...

Renee,
What a perfect card for a baby! Love all the green. I always look forward to seeing your fabulous cards!

Donna Moore said...

Yea!! I love your colors, that checked ribbon is absolutely perfect, it just makes this gorgeous card more than outstanding! I love this Renee, you always share such fantastic art, love coming to visit!!
hugs
donna

Mary Duffek said...

Love your monochromatic card...the peas are sooo stinkn' adorable and your is fabulous!!!

Patti P. said...

Renee, what a creative card...green is one of my favs and love it with the black/white gingham. Love this as a baby card. Thanks for the tips and sharing your card. Have a good one!

marsha said...

Ooh, Renee I just love your card! How perfect as a baby card - your little peas are just precious and love your colors and that terrific gingham bow!
Hugs,
Marsha

marilynprestonn said...

Ooh love your little sweet pea card. The image is adorable Renée. I just might give that cool sketch a try. You sure made it look beautiful. :)Peggy

Cheryl said...

This is so cute! I love this image and the great color combo you used.