Monday, March 25, 2013

Wine a little...you'll feel better!

Hello everyone!
 I hope you all had a good weekend! 

As you may know, there was a long-term sub in my classroom over the winter.  She left in February when the real teacher returned from her Achilles tendon surgery recovery.
I made her a little going away gift.  Like me she loves red wine and has WHITE counter tops.  Don't you hate when the wine drips down the bottle and leaves stains on the counter?!

I created this with the bottom of a terra cotta planter.


These are so easy to make and she LOVED it!!
She said her walls are the exact color of the paper.

Here's the step by step...
1. I primed the "coaster" with black spray primer.
2. Next I spray painted it with black paint.
3. I cut the scrapbook paper into a circle that would fit inside.
4. Adhere the circle with Mod Podge and brush it over the entire surface.
5. Use a waterproof sealer to seal it so it won't stain and can be wiped down.
6. Place felt on the bottom so the terra cotta won't scratch any counters or tables.



Some pretty curling ribbon jazzed up the bottle. 


I also made her some wine charms to go along with my theme.




Follow Me on Pinterest 


 

No comments: