Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Wine cork trivet

Hello and happy Tuesday!

Today I'm sharing a wine cork trivet that I made for a charity craft show a short while ago.

I took an old frame that the glass had broken in and I glued the corks to the cardboard backing.  The frame was gold and I spray painted it black and then sanded it to give it an aged look.


I figured my trivet could have two uses...the first being to display your wine bottles on when you're entertaining...or maybe just one bottle and a little plate with your grapes and cheese etc.



I love the assortment of different names and styles of the corks. 


The other use I thought it would be nice for is for your hot casserole dishes.


The frame measured 18" x 7" so it's a nice size for your larger casseroles...or several bottles of wine.


Just look at all the cool corks!


The finished product!




No comments: