Thursday, September 6, 2018

Safari thank you card

Hello and happy Thursday!

Today I'm sharing a very special card with you.  In August my husband's aunt and her friend invited me and my daughter to their home in Myrtle Beach for a vacation.  We went to an interactive safari that was amazing.  This is the thank you card that I made for them.


We went to Myrtle Beach Safari...aka...T.I.G.E.R.S.
The Institute for Greatly Endangered and Rare Species.
This is a 900 lb. liger.  I can't remember his name.



We also went to Alligator Adventure so I wanted to include a gator on my card.



I made a step card because I wanted there to be a lot of dimension.
We got to hold many different species and some of the others we just observed at close range.
White Handed Gibbons.
They were so much like human babies.  They clutched their blankets, sucked their thumbs and squeezed our fingers.



One of our favorite moments was when we got to hug Bubbles the elephant. She was rescued over 30 years ago when her entire herd was slaughtered for their ivory.  It's just mind boggling to me how some people can treat animals like they're trash...use what you want and throw away the rest.  We got to see her eat a watermelon which is why I have her holding one on the card. They told us she has the intelligence of a 6 yr. old child.


My kids taught me a little fun fact...scientists think that elephants think that people are cute.  They believe the way we react to our cat or dog is how they think of us. They want to cuddle and be around us.



We also held baby lions and tigers.





Though they aren't on my card we also interacted with wolves.  They were SO sweet and just want their ears and bellies scratched!




Baby Lynx.


No comments: