Thursday, May 6, 2021

All Wigged Up and a Salon Thank You card!

Hello everyone! As some of you already know, I'm currently being treated for breast cancer. I just had my 3rd chemotherapy session this past Monday. I still have what looks like a full head of hair to strangers but it's becoming quite obvious to me that I won't have hair for much longer. A friend and two time breast cancer survivor put me in touch with an organization that gives wigs to cancer patients at no charge. They connected me with the closest salon that participates in their program. I had to travel an hour and 15 min. from home but it was worth it. Tracy was amazing! She was so kind and compassionate as well as being very talented! I wanted to make her a card to thank her for her generosity. Between my two visits, one to choose a wig and get my hair cut short and the second to be fitted and have the wig trimmed to look more like me, I was with her for 2 1/2 hours.


She wouldn't take a penny for her time or services. I made a donation to the organization as a way of paying it forward. I used a bunch of Ai sets, some current and some retired, to make her card. This journey is tough enough. We shouldn't have to worry about being self conscious going out in public. Thanks to Tracy I will have no problem being seen out and not looking sick.




The white panel is the back of the card where I wrote a personal message to her.





No comments: