Sunday, May 14, 2023

Happy Mother's Day America! (and everywhere else!)

 Hello Ai fans and Happy Sunday!
I know it's Mother's Day but I kind of feel like our country is our "mother."

There was an exciting new release on the Art Impressions website a few 
days ago.  Did you see??


There's a new add on set to the Front Porch Series.

It may be Mother's Day today, but I'm already looking forward to 
Independence Day when I'll be off from work for the summer!

5494 – Front Porch Patriotic Set



My husband and I have a swimming pool so we're almost always the ones to host a 
big 4th of July party at our house.  How cute would it be to use this set for invitations
or to have on a table as a Welcome for guests.  We also often host out of town family
that weekend so this would make a great Thank You for Coming card.



This card makes me a little melancholy.
I hope Bonnie doesn't mind me sharing this information.
This set was sent to selected DT members last spring.  We had the 
prototypes to work with but the stamps and dies weren't ready through
no fault of Art Impressions.  When I created this card, I used my Boomer as
inspiration for the sweet puppy.  Since I made this card, we lost him.  I'm happy
when I look at this card and "see" him.  He'll always have a special place in my heart.



Please indulge me bombarding you with all of my memories.  I didn't set 
out to do this but when I went to grab one photo I just couldn't stop reminiscing. 















I'll probably always use him as inspiration when I'm coloring a dog.

When I colored this card I was working without my glasses because I had scratched them.
I see so many coloring errors and I'm cringing.  I can't wait to give this another try and be able to "nail" all of the amazing tiny details.


Copics used:
R29, Y02, Y08, Y18, Y26, B18, C2, W2, T5,
E19, E30, E35, E41, E99

TT42 – Twintone Marker – 42 Navy

Tombow Twin Tone Markers
Honey Orange, Carrot Orange, Yellow, Strawberry Red, Black, Chocolate,
Lime Green, Yellow Green, Sky Blue, Sax Blue

No comments: