Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Mini Journal "Gift Box" and a tutorial for the Gift Card Pocket Bow from Art Impressions

 Happy Tuesday everyone!

Today I'm sharing a box that I made using the new 5805 – Mini Journal Box Dies.

The gingham paper is from 5741 – Valentines Paper Pack.






My friend's name starts with K so I used a die from 5562 – Journal Letter Die Set.



The little oval "tag" was made using the center of the oval frame in the Journal Template Die set.
I cut off the bottom to make it fit in the pocket.




I may just have happened to have some Reese's Thins laying around and discovered
that two of them fit perfectly into the little box as well.



Though I didn't use a bow on my box, I recently received a question about how to assemble
the bow from the new 5811 – Gift Card Pocket Dies.

Here's a quick picture tutorial showing how to put these adorable bows together.
I must say that I LOVE them!!

Step 1: Die cut the necessary pieces.
You'll need two of the one that looks like a fishing bobber.



Step 2: Put a dot of glue on the oval shapes and fold them over.
Don't crease them because you want them to be "fluffy."



Step 3: Glue them onto the long piece overlapping them a bit in the center.


Step 4: Place a dab of glue in the middle and add the little strip of paper to it as shown.


Step 5: Flip it over and fold down the top part of the strip and glue it down.



Step 6: Put another dab of glue down and fold up the bottom portion of the little strip.
Flip it over and you have a sweet, little bow. 



I hope you like my little gift box and that this bow tutorial will help if you weren't quite sure how to use it.  I can't wait to see your creations!

No comments: