Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Birthday Party & an Art Show



Last weekend Makena had two pieces of artwork chosen to be displayed at a local history museum. She beat me. I was in high school before I had anything shown outside of my school and she's only 7. They held a reception for all the students chosen and she had her picture taken by a small local newspaper. As soon as I can get my hands on one I'll try to post that too. She was very proud! The green mask above her head in the one photo is hers and the other one is called "sock puppets". She loves her art just like her Mom!!



Makena has a birthday party to go to this weekend. Her dance partner is turning 9 and is having a bowling party. Her mom said she wants gift cards so she can pick out her own gift so I thought what better way to give it to her than to "mail" it?? When I first saw these cute little mail boxes at Target I thought they were cute but didn't give them a second glance. Then I saw what Emily Giovanni ( http://emilygiovanni.com/?p=1520 ) did with them and raced back to pick up a bunch! I hope the link works...I'm still new at this stuff! I decorated the mailbox and then covered over a plain white mini envelope with coordinating paper. The gift card is inside the envelope. I plan to put some candy or something inside with it. Since she is Makena's dance partner I decided to go with that theme for her card. I used the sizzix dress ups dies for the ballerina and the sizzix Fun Serif caps & lowercase to spell out her name. There are stickles and pink glitter on her tutu and hair ribbon.

1 comment:

emilymomto3boys said...

it turned out really cute!!