Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Thanks Berry Much!


This is my attempt at a tall/long card. I have tons of those envelopes for Christmas letters etc. which I don't send so I thought I should either start putting them to use or get rid of them. Well, since I'm not known for getting rid of anything that I might possibly ever use again I kept them. Since the card was so long I stamped the 'Large Polka Dot Backgrounder' from Cornish Heritage Farms twice and used the ribbon to cover the seam. I used Stampin' Up Real Red cardstock and ink. The main image is a House Mouse design and it's colored with water color pencils. I didn't have brads to match so I found something close and used my red paint pen to color them. Now they coordinate perfectly. The inside phrase is Thanks berry much! and is also a House Mouse stamp. This is a really difficult size card for me to work with mostly due to my inexperience with it. I hope to do more. My favorite is square but I try not to get in a rut by doing those all the time.


Tomorrow is my Brother and Sister-in-laws 25th wedding anniversary so I'll hopefully find time to post that card tomorrow. Congratulations guys!!

No comments: