Sunday, June 1, 2008

My first craft sale


Well... it wasn't a roaring success but I did okay. I had the most popular table in the whole place!! Unfortunately that's not saying a whole lot. There was only one other craft table and she had homemade candles. The other tables were all vendors. I don't think I'm exaggerating to say that only about 25 people came to the sale all day. The sale was 4 hours long and I made about $100. That's not bad considering the number of people that attended. I did have fun though and I would like to do another show. My very first sale was a doggie treat jar. I wish I had more time to make more graduation cards and bottles. I sold out of those. I felt so bad for the woman who organized it. She worked so hard and I don't really know what more she could have done. She advertised in print ads, on 3 radio stations and put up flyers. She was also kind enough to put my table next to my sister's Lia Sophia table. Otherwise I would have been bored out of my mind. Oh well, I'm optimistic for another sale. Hopefully with a little participation I'll figure out which sales are the ones to be at. I did get a possible order for bridal shower favors so keep your fingers crossed!

No comments: