Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas card and tag







My husband needed some cards for some of his co-workers so I sat down on Saturday while he was out and came up with this. I chose pink for the circle but once I stamped on it and laid it against the patterned paper it seemed a little stark so I used my Stampin' Up Linen backgrounder and a cream liquid chalk ink to go over it. It looked much better and really matched the background paper because it had a linen look as well. I then inked around the edge to really soften it. I used some pearls and beads on the pin and chose a polka dot ribbon to match the corners that I cut out with a punch. I used a holly stamp that I have, cut it out and used dimensional glue for the berries. The initial card took some time to make but the other 5 I mass produced so it wasn't so bad.






I made another tag and this one was a quickie. I think it's very elegant even though it's so simple. I just chose 2 patterned papers and cut on of them 2/3rds bigger than the other. Once I glued them to my cardstock I used my circle and scalloped circle punch for the phrase. A crystal in the corner and some pretty ribbon held on by a red staple completed it.

No comments: