Monday, December 29, 2008

Thank you birdie much




Since we've moved in to our new house I do tend to ramble on a bit about the nature. The teacher of the class that I'm in got me the perfect Christmas gift. She got me suet and a hanging basket along with a bird book. In the first 2 days that I put it up I saw two new birds (a Tufted Titmouse and a House Wren) as well as Blue Jays and a pair of Cardinals. Those we see frequently in our area but I hadn't seen a single one in our yard until I put the suet up. I'm very excited to try some of the tricks the book recommends for attracting other birds I'd like to see. Mrs. L also got me a scrapbooking magazine (yeah, THERE'S a shock!) that I love. I'm sure I'll get some good inspiration from that. I made a card that I thought would be a perfect thank you for a bird themed gift. I used a PSX stamp and I trimmed the bird houses out of a second image and put them on the first for a 3-D effect. I also used "real" artificial leaves as well as some paper sprigs that I cut from a Marvy punch. The embossed buttons were done with a Cuttlebug folder and the tab was a McGill punch. The cute "from one chick to another"phrase is from Inkadinkado. Inside I generated a computer phrase "thank you birdie much" since I didn't have any Thank You that I thought went well with the card front.

No comments: