Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Wine tag




My sister had requested a wine tag to put on a bottle she was giving to her in-laws. Her only specification was that it have their name on it. I started by asking if it was red or white wine. I then went through my paper and found some that seemed "vineyardy." (yes, that's my own made up word) I then stamped some grapes with vines on the paper and colored them with colored pencils. Next I stamped the bottle, glass and wine opener and cut them out. They are on dimensionals to give some depth to the tag. A little lace and some wine themed ribbon and I thought I was done. It just didn't seem complete to me though so I went through my ribbon stash. I came across this string that reminded me of a grape vine so I added a trim piece and a bow and then I was happy. I hope they enjoyed their wine as much as I enjoyed making the tag.

No comments: