Thursday, February 26, 2009

Look! It's not green




I checked and 4 out of the last 6 cards I made were green so today... no green. Today's card is another sympathy card. I said I needed to restock so you may be seeing several of these in the near future. This one was done in blue and yellow. The beautiful phrase is from Rubbernecker and the mattes for it were cut with Spellbinders Nestabilities dies. The lacy border under the ribbon is from Martha Stewart. The flowers are all from floral stems that I purchased at A.C. Moore and then ripped apart. There is a metal brad in the center. The ribbon is from Big Lots $1 bin. I sewed around the edges and as you might have guessed, I have not mastered going around corners yet. So, my bright idea was to cover up the less attractive parts with some corners I embossed with a Fiskars 3 in 1 corner punch. I think you can't even tell that I was covering up a goof. The inside phrase is from My Sentiments Exactly and the bird was trimmed from a much larger Inkadinkado stamp. How many of you picked up on this? ....even though this card isn't green... what do blue and yellow make when mixed together? Maybe I did this subconsciously? It sure wasn't on purpose.

No comments: