Friday, March 6, 2009

Harley Davidson Skull Birthday




What better way to make a masculine birthday card than to use Harley Davidson paper and Inkadinkado skull stamps? My nephew has a birthday in a couple of weeks and he loves Harleys. I used two Inka stamp sets to make this card. One is a Halloween set and the other is the You Rock set. I think he's going to love this. I'm sure he's not expecting anything like it. I even did some sewing on it. There was more... as you can see I had sewn across the top of the skull border but the thread broke mid way through and there were strings flying everywhere so I ripped it out and left it as a paper pierced look. There's lots of metal hardware on this card. In the top corner of the frame is a metal photo corner. It looks black in the photo but it's really silver. There is metal mesh screen behind the image in the frame and I used some brads in various shapes as well. I just love the ones that look like screws. And... though I don't normally glitter up a guys card I did add some Stickles glitter glue. I cut the frame using my Colluzle square. Inside was decorated as well. A little more mesh held on by some orange staples and a Happy Birthday phrase from Stampin' Up. I can't wait to hear what he thinks of it.

No comments: