Sunday, March 8, 2009

Just Because


I discovered Heather Bullard's blog yesterday and was inspired by the beautiful vintage items she photographs. I did my best to create a card that reminded me of those shabby chic things I saw in her pictures. I started by choosing some paper that had a vintage feel to it and then I grabbed this antiqued frame and it grew from there. I went through all of my buttons, beads, ribbons and lace and settled on what you see. I sewed the blue velvet ribbon to the crocheted lace. I then started grabbing buttons and findings and adding them. To top it off I painted some chipboard corners light blue and added gold glitter. Those look better in person. It's not easy photographing glitter.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Stunning card, and looooots of work put into it!