Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Thanks soccer mom!




I am trying to get some thank you cards and gifts started for my kids coaches. I plan to do a card for each assistant and a card and gift for each coach. That means 4 coaches, 6 assistants and one "super mom" who coordinates everything! I don't really know how she does it. She schedules practices, games, gym availability... organizes fund raisers, equipment orders... well, you get the picture. I know the team parents as a whole will be getting one large gift for them but I wanted to do a personal little thank you. I know one of her favorite things is a nice big bag of M&M's. I made this tin to give her at the end of the spring season. The tin was a Prima flower package that I saved. Our team color is Royal blue so I used some blue paper along with some cute grass paper to cover it. I had two different soccer themed ribbons so I used some of those as well. The adorable M&M stamp is one that I've had for years. I lucked into a package of 6 of them (they're rubber stamps mounted on foam) at a yard sale for .25 cents! I used some liquid chalk blue ink that I stamped on an old CD and then spritzed with water to water color the little guy. I did the same for the sky and grass. I should be able to fit a good pound of M&M's in there! I don't even have to "hope". I KNOW she'll like this!

No comments: