Thursday, April 23, 2009

Take a bite out of life bookmark


Recently one of the aides at school brought me in a jar of strawberry-tomato jelly. (or jam or preserves... I don't can... I DON'T know the difference!!) All I know is that Dominick was crazy about it. He started to panic when his jar got near the bottom so she scrounged up a small little jar for him to hold him over for a few more days. She takes some night classes and has said she never has enough bookmarks so I though rather than make her a thank you card I'd make her something she could use. I have had this Stampabilities House Mouse line stamp for a while and have not used it so I thought it would be fun to pair it up with this cute watermelon paper that has also been sitting around for awhile. I used my Spellbinder's nestabilities long rectangle dies to cut the bookmark and matte. The cute picket fence is a Sizzix yellow die that I stamped with Cornish Heritage Farms' 'Weathered Wood Backgrounder' . I colored the bunny with Copic markers and embellished it with a large eyelet and some black fibers. It was fun to make because it went a lot quicker than a card because where I would normally due many more layers and 3-items I had to keep this simple and flat so it would fit between the pages.

No comments: