Friday, July 16, 2010

Age is only a number...

Mine is unlisted.  I've had this set forever and never used it until yesterday.  The phrase actually came with a cute lizard and the girl came with a saying about mothers or something but I liked her with this sentiment for this card.  They are both clear $1 sets that I believe I got at JoAnn's.  The card actually started with the flower.  My daughter has a pillow that has a cute flower on it and it inspired me to make this handmade flower.  Next, I chose the Polka dot and solid color papers that I wanted to use.  Lastly, I looked through my stamps to see what would go well with them.  It's a very backwards way to do I card but it worked for me this time.  Obviously the theme of the card is circles.  I used several different Spellbinder's dies to create all the different sized circles and a Cuttlebug folder to emboss the circle behind the girl.  The border was made with a Stampin' Up edger punch and I used SU's Real Red and Green Galore to stamp the sentiments.  Inside I stamped Happy Birthday! but this could easily be a friendship/thinking of you card.

No comments: